Friday, 15 May 2015

M Police

"Oh my god! What happened to you, baby? Your lips are bleeding. When you called me last, you were coming here with her."

"We were... We were... walking this way through the park. Suddenly... some rogues surrounded us and... started questioning her why she is walking with someone outside her religion... Then they started calling her derogatory names, telling her how she is disgracing her religion... and began interrogating her whether I'm her lover."

"What is the issue with these idiots? Can't a man and a woman walk together in a democratic country like ours?"

"I tried to interrupt them,... saying we are just friends. But they won't listen."

"How hard is to understand that? Even in this age, the mentality of such people are so primitive."

"That was when I really got angry and shouted at them... that it is none of their business whether we were lovers or not... They became really furious at that point and started beating me up saying that how dare an infidel like me try to taint the chastity of a girl from their belief.... They didn't even stop after I started begging them to leave me and that I already have someone else as lover..."

"Oh, my poor baby.... "

"Please don't cry darling... You know it is the only thing I can't bear.. Please stop."

"Did they hurt you a lot, dear? Shall we go to a hospital? "

"It is ok, honey... I'm fine now..."

"We should complain about this to the police. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with this."

"There is no use in that, dear. Two policemen were idly watching the whole event, while it was taking place... Once the mob left me after beating me up for some time, they came to help me get up... Surprisingly, they were angry at me instead. They warned me, not to repeat it and never to be seen in the park."

"Our society is going to the dogs. What will happen to our country if those who are to uphold the law, just remain bystanders when laws are broken... By the way, where is she?"

"They forcibly took her along with them saying they'll take her to her home and warn her parents of her wayward lifestyle and how that is a disgrace to their community... She had already many problems in her home with her conservative parents. Now they'll stop her education and get her married... It breaks my heart knowing that her walking with me might become the reason for shattering all her dreams and ambitions.... She had even told me that someone might tell her parents if we walked together this close to her home, but I assured her nothing bad will happen... Only I had not insisted...."

"Ay.. Don't cry... You are not responsible for that.. Come here.."

They hugged.

A crowd was standing a little distance away from them. One of them spoke to others pointing at them, "These imbeciles have been doing public display of indecency. What message is that sending to our little brothers and sisters? It is time to teach them a lesson of their life. Let's thrash up these gay bastards for good."

No comments:

Post a Comment