Thursday, 9 April 2015

A Father

I was handed over a fragile piece of heaven
When I was waiting outside for hours, all tensed up
I felt my heart leap with unbounded joy as it never before
Tugged in a small blanket, fully within my palms
I wanted to shower you with kisses,
But afraid I might accidentally hurt you
I wanted to say, my angel,
I love you more than anything else in the whole world
Though you might never feel the same I felt for you
When you were lying taking in the warmth of my hand
I know you will keep me awake for so many nights
But I'll only be worried about your sleep
I know you will call me daddy one day,
Still when u do that,
I'll run around telling everyone,
The most wonderful thing in the world just happened
I know you will be up to some mischiefs as you grow,
But one innocent smile from you,
And i will forget all that
I know you'll cry on your first day at school,
Unable to cope up with separation from known loving faces,
You might feel each minute as an hour,
But know, each minute will feel a decade for me.
I know you might get down with illness occasionally,
But never would have a stronger terror struck me,
I might even call all gods heartless,
For I'm blind, except to you.
I will surely not like anyone you confess to love,
Asking my permission to marry him,
Even if he is an incarnation of the just god,
For no one be a suitable match for you,
As my heart will tell my eyes,
But I will finally agree,
Just to see your face brighten up with happiness
I was searching for a meaning to my life in my prime,
But I didn't know it would be handed to me wrapped in a blanket,

My beloved daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment